Re: ShutDown Script - Abort Shutdown

I've had the same problem. I want to script an abort the the
Start/Shutdown, but the "shutdown -a" doesn't work.
Did you ever find a solution to this?
Thanks,
Walt

My question is how do I abort the shutdown?
I know how to abort a shutdown that I have initiated with "shutdown
-a"
but this does not work with a shutdown initiated from Start, Shutdown.

--
Mary [/B]

--
Walt

  • Which Logoff/Shutdown API should I call?
    ... off or shutdown a computer. ... I need to write a script that would check for VMware's ... I've found four different API calls/messages and I really ... cancel or abort this call? ...
  • Sasser - unable to login - shutdown in 5 seconds
    ... try using the shutdown -a command "abort current system ... instructions at the Microsoft sasser website:- ... >command prompt - can't even get to the desktop. ...
  • Travis-Would This Work?-Dont Worry!
    ... Cecil Ward came up with this.Can the shutdown -a command ... try using the shutdown -a command "abort current system ... >Then make sure you immediately run the Microsoft sasser ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)
  • Re: Problem aborting shutdown in shutdown script
    ... 'Unable to abort the system shutdown because no shutdown was in ... > folders or a terminal server session. ... > the chance to abort shutdown. ... are shutdown scripts run under the SYSTEM account? ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Problem on Threading and TcpListen
    ... I would like to terminate the tcpListen by abort the thread, ... The reason you can't use Thread.Abort is that Thread.Abort is a request ... to the thread to shutdown at the earlieast possible moment. ... in a listening state - ie a call to accept), ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)