need script to automate creation of DFS
- From: Sam Brown <Sam Brown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 11:50:02 -0700
I have a need for a user creation script. Let me explain.
I am planning a migration from Novell to Microsoft. We are going to use DFS
to help with our User's File access.
So I need a script that will search each users group membership, then create
a DFS Root for each user with DFS links to directories that the users Group
has Permmisions to.
For Example jim is a member of printing so the script would create a share
Jim, then create a DFS root Jim, and a DFS link under Root Jim to
I thought to use an exel speadsheet that would have the Groups name and the
corresponding Folder to use as the DFS target.
I have been able to find a few scripts to try to piece together but I
thought that someone out there has either done this or wants to try.
- Prev by Date: Re: Reading From Text File and sending it to SQL Database.
- Next by Date: how to set script language on a script control
- Previous by thread: Re: Reading From Text File and sending it to SQL Database.
- Next by thread: how to set script language on a script control