need script to automate creation of DFS

I have a need for a user creation script. Let me explain.

I am planning a migration from Novell to Microsoft. We are going to use DFS
to help with our User's File access.

So I need a script that will search each users group membership, then create
a DFS Root for each user with DFS links to directories that the users Group
has Permmisions to.

For Example jim is a member of printing so the script would create a share
Jim, then create a DFS root Jim, and a DFS link under Root Jim to
\\server\Printing.

I thought to use an exel speadsheet that would have the Groups name and the
corresponding Folder to use as the DFS target.

I have been able to find a few scripts to try to piece together but I
thought that someone out there has either done this or wants to try.

Thanks.

  • RE: server/connectcomputer from remote offices
    ... I have enabled DFS for the setup folder, which is replicating across the 3 ... I will be modifying the logon script to point at ... I will also be replicating the clientapps share, ... > I understand that you want to copy some files from SBS Server to DCs locate ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Rollout Registry Settings via SMS (w/Adv Clients)
    ... do have a similar script that launches an exe with the /s command ... line and also logs to a specific log file? ... so I went with DFS. ... batch file can point to the DFS share where the registry entries are located. ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.swdist)
  • Re: List DFS Nodes via WMI - Problem
    ... Looks like your DFS roots are not replicated to all the DCs. ... Seems not a WMI problem. ... First: This ist the Script I'm using: ... I might have a WMI Problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: TakeOwnership Doesnt (XP)
    ... After going back to using a mapped drive rather than the DFS URL, ... The script I use is what I listed ... permissions on the same folder structures. ... first using a local path, ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi)
  • Re: Where can I find doc on NetDfs API functions?
    ... >> System (Dfs) root or a link in the named Dfs root. ... >> LPBYTE* Buffer ... >> of error codes, see System Error Codes. ...