Re: Outlook Express and Registry Settings

From: Dany (Dany_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/10/04

Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 23:41:02 -0700

Thanks.

Could you please point me towards the specific script in the page?

-Dany

"mayayana" wrote:

> You should find the default key name under:
> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Account Manager
> value name:
> Default Mail Account
>
> You could enumerate the keys but at least on my system they
> do follow a pattern: Instead of using account names Microsoft
> has used "faux-binary" names. They're actually a text rendition
> of a 4-byte hexadecimal value. Although mine does not list
> 00000001, 00000000, or 0000000C (I assume that's because
> of cancelled accounts), it does generally go in
> order from 00000002 to 0000000F, so you should be able to
> check it that way.
>
> If you want to enumerate the keys:
>
> A component that can do it:
>
> http://www.jsware.net/jsware/scripts.html#jssys
>

> A Registry class script that enumerates by exporting
> the parent key and reading it as text:
>
> http://www.jsware.net/jsware/scripts.html#classpk
>

> > I'm trying to alter the SMTP settings on a number of computers, therefore
> > I've written a vbs script which does just that.
> >
> > The problem is that under the value of
> > "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Account Manager\Accounts"
> > exist a number of accounts (i.e. "00000001", "00000002" and so on).
> >
> > How can I able my script to determine the number of accounts and their
> names?
> >
> > I've tried running a "For... Next" loop, but since the account's names
> > aren't restricted to numbers or letters alone.
> >
> > I'd appreciate any assistance possible.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > -Dany

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Is SSH worth it??
    ... > Subject: RES: Is SSH worth it?? ... user account, I don't see where they would. ... how is having the text of your password stored in the Expect script ... better than having keys? ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Protecting against dDOS bots (was: Newbie php problem)
    ... The form mail script posted that was used, ... requires the applicant to pass some kind of Turing test, ... Turing test if the account balance ever drops to zero. ... Log into the same account repeatedly, which consumes your credit ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: Entourage account setup applescript not working
    ... I pasted the script at the end just in case. ... When comparing the account settings on 2 computers, ... This script assists a user with the setup of his Exchange account ... Customize the network and server properties below with information ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: Error 15401 using sp_grantlogin (not addressed by current KB articles)
    ... Restarting Windows 2000 resolved the problem for this particular account, ... confused when it sees a duplicate SID. ... > One way to get SQL Server to agree with the renamed NT ... > Preview (to ensure the script was created), ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Enumerating organisational units within vbs script
    ... i have created the script below to read a list of account ... user sits in it will update the profile. ... One is a recursive function to enumerate OU's, ... probably what you mean by account name. ...