ShutDown Script - Abort Shutdown

From: Mary (Mary_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/25/04

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:42:35 -0700

I need a shutdown script that will check for a file and if the file exists, prompt the user to continue or abort the shutdown.

My question is how do I abort the shutdown?
I know how to abort a shutdown that I have initiated with "shutdown -a"
but this does not work with a shutdown initiated from Start, Shutdown.

--
Mary

Relevant Pages

  • Sasser - unable to login - shutdown in 5 seconds
    ... try using the shutdown -a command "abort current system ... instructions at the Microsoft sasser website:- ... >command prompt - can't even get to the desktop. ...
  • Which Logoff/Shutdown API should I call?
    ... off or shutdown a computer. ... I need to write a script that would check for VMware's ... I've found four different API calls/messages and I really ... cancel or abort this call? ...
  • Travis-Would This Work?-Dont Worry!
    ... Cecil Ward came up with this.Can the shutdown -a command ... try using the shutdown -a command "abort current system ... >Then make sure you immediately run the Microsoft sasser ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)
  • Re: ShutDown Script - Abort Shutdown
    ... I want to script an abort the the ... Walt ... My question is how do I abort the shutdown? ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Problem aborting shutdown in shutdown script
    ... 'Unable to abort the system shutdown because no shutdown was in ... > folders or a terminal server session. ... > the chance to abort shutdown. ... are shutdown scripts run under the SYSTEM account? ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)