Re: replacing join operation in XML

Can you be a bit more precise what you want to do? You want to change the
showplan to then force a different plan? You can try, but you should be
careful.

Best regards
Michael

<Preeti.s83@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
is it possible to replace join type ( for eg. nested loop with hash
join and so on) in xml plan...
we will fst take plan in xml format ( show xml plan ) and then we will
replace join with other one .. and then execute this plane .. to see
the effect....

for this we need to understand the way join information get stored in
xml ....and then replace...
for any extra info we can put garbage .. which will be filled by
actual value while execution...

so my question is : is it possible...( i think it is very much
possible)
and if yes then guide me... from where i can get these join
format .. so that i can replace...
or just running query on some dataset for both join type and thn
comparing the way the get stored .. is sufficient to convert...

thankx

  • Re: or operator
    ... Having the execution plan and DDL will definitely help understnad the issue. ... Optimizations for the XML Data Type in SQL Server 2005" ... Primary XML index and the Value XML index (Note that I ... CREATE TABLE itis ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.xml)
  • Re: or operator
    ... Having the execution plan and DDL will definitely help understnad the issue. ... Optimizations for the XML Data Type in SQL Server 2005" ... Primary XML index and the Value XML index (Note that I ... CREATE TABLE itis ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.xml)
  • Re: vb6 kill file in Vista
    ... What happens if the file that I want to update is not some data file (e.g. ... xml, etc) that is located in the documents and settings directory, but ... You have to learn to work with 'suites' and plan ahead. ...
  • Re: Execution Plan Problem
    ... I've managed to get back an XML version of the execution plan that has ... Or get a copy of SSMS 2008 - it will open the graphical plan directly from ... Links for SQL Server Books Online: ...
  • replacing join operation in XML
    ... is it possible to replace join type (for eg. nested loop with hash ... join and so on) in xml plan... ... we will fst take plan in xml format and then we will ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.xml)