Re: Importing data from excel

thanks

but if i use also oracle and excel dont you think third party tool is easer
such as altova databasespy ?
--
Ammar S. Mitoori
IT Head QIMCO Co.

"Tom Moreau" wrote:

Use SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), using Excel as the source and
SQL Server as the destination. Alternatively, you may be able to create a
linked server to the Excel workbook and then use T-SQL to pull the data.

--
Tom

Thomas A. Moreau, BSc, PhD, MCSE, MCDBA, MCITP, MCTS
SQL Server MVP
Toronto, ON Canada
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Tom.Moreau

"Pure Heart" <PureHeart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I was wondering do SQL Server 2005 has a built in tool to import data from
excel table to a sql table ?
--
Ammar S. Mitoori
IT Head QIMCO Co.

  • Re: Application Security based on SQL Security
    ... Ammar S. Mitoori ... IT Head QIMCO Co. ... Mobile: +9745378400 ... Sometimes SQL Server throws not elegant messages to understand by the ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: auditing users
    ... Ammar S. Mitoori ... IT Head QIMCO Co. ... Mobile: +9745378400 ... My intend was to get a version of SQL Server from you in order to help ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Importing data from excel
    ... and if sql is not installed haw can i use it between Oracle and Excel? ... IT Head QIMCO Co. ... SQL Server MVP ... SQL Server as the destination. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)
  • Importing data from excel
    ... I was wondering do SQL Server 2005 has a built in tool to import data from ... excel table to a sql table? ... Ammar S. Mitoori ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)
  • Re: SSIS and unicode data types
    ... my varchar columns are at most 50 characters. ... destination column in the SQL database destination is only varcharor ... How do I get an Excel column of datatype ... It left SQL Server as a VARCHAR and went into Excel, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)