Re: bcp accent problem
- From: Erland Sommarskog <esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 23:35:16 +0000 (UTC)
Sitar (Sitar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) writes:
Well the problem on the Samba server side has been fixed. It did not
change much on my side. Well instead of having the accents dropped now I
have weird characters instead but I'm not sure if it is due to the
change of settings on the Samba server or not.
Weird characters are a lot better than no characters at all.
Could you care to give a sample of how the data gets garbled? Please
posted the garbled data as hex string (convert(binary), so that they
don't get distored in news transsport. Of course, you need to include
the original strings as well.
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
- Prev by Date: Re: SQL Server 2000 Uber Monitoring Tools - a request for info
- Next by Date: Re: Checkpoint causes need for better IO subsystem?
- Previous by thread: Re: SQL Server 2000 Uber Monitoring Tools - a request for info
- Next by thread: Re: bcp accent problem