Re: Determining if Full-Text Search is enabled

Sorry, a clarification is that new databases will by default be enabled for full text indexing, but you do need to ensure that the full text indexing service was installed. If not, then rerun setup to add the full text service. (Reflecting an answer to your question in the fulltext newsgroup.)

RLF

"Russell Fields" <russellfields@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eXt57UwVKHA.1268@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tnt,

In SQL Server 2005, Full Text indexing is installed as a matter of course (except for Express), but particularly if you have migrated in databases from SQL Server 2000, they may not be enabled to use it.

Yes, you can enable one database at a time. Here is a discussion
http://www.kodyaz.com/articles/SQL-Server-Full-Text-Search-Indexing.aspx

RLF

"tnt" <tnt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:5E53FED4-54B4-41FE-B5E1-DB204172CBAE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

How do I determine if this feature is enabled on a MS SQL 2005 Enterprise.
If it not enabled, can I enable it without affecting my current database?

TIA,
tnt

  • Re: full text indexing
    ... > Full text indexing is more of a document management or string ... > kind of problem that a data management problem; ... any requirement that the discussion is exclusive to "relational" databases. ...
    (comp.databases.theory)
  • Combine databases
    ... I have 16 access databases that came from a document ... I need to combine the "index1" field ... off against the list they sent back (in the mdb files). ... index1 field in all of the indexing tables into one file? ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)
  • VERY Large Records and FT Indexing
    ... We have several databases in which one table is dedicated to FT ... indexing. ... DBs really slows the server down to an unacceptable level. ... but would eliminate the gigantic records. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.fulltext)
  • Re: sql 2000 - slow response times after creating a new database
    ... indexing has nothing to do with the index that you need to re-create. ... this went ok and i ended up with 4 user databases and the ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
  • Re: sql 2000 - slow response times after creating a new database
    ... indexing has nothing to do with the index that you need to re-create. ... this went ok and i ended up with 4 user databases and the ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)