Re: Deployment/Installation of database using INNO

Hmm. Wrong group?

"Bernd Maierhofer" <bernd.maierhofer@xxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi + tx for reading.

I want to deploy an appalication as well as the mssql database using
INNO-Setup (see code below). I tried to use SQLDMO and usually this works,
but I am not sure if this is the most elegant and errorproof way.

I would be glad if some of you could share their knowledge.

tx Bernd

{ Create the main SQLDMO COM Automation object }
try
SQLServer := CreateOleObject('SQLDMO.SQLServer');
except
RaiseException('Microsoft SQL server Connectivity Tools not
installed.'#13#13'(' + GetExceptionMessage + ')');
end;
{ Connect to the Microsoft SQL Server }
try
SQLServer.LoginSecure := true;
SQLServer.Connect(SQLServerName);
except
RaiseException('SQLServer' +SQLServerName+ ' not
found.'#13#13+'('+GetExceptionMessage+')');
end;

  • Deployment/Installation of database using INNO
    ... INNO-Setup. ... I tried to use SQLDMO and usually this works, ... SQLServer:= CreateOleObject; ... RaiseException('Microsoft SQL server Connectivity Tools not ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: Zugriff auf SQLserver
    ... eventuelle SQLserver überhaupt gegeben sind. ... Du verwendest in deiner Applikation SQLDMO, ... Da ist es doch IMHO so ziemlich ... ob es eine Moeglichkeit Zugriffmoeglichkeit ...
    (microsoft.public.de.vb.datenbank)
  • Re: SQLDMO -> SQLSMO
    ... dass du auch einen SQL Server 2000 damit steuern kannst. ... Ich will aber nicht die Clienttools installieren, sondern nur das SQLSMO, ... SQLSMO verwenden kann um die Funktionen aus SQLDMO zu verwenden? ...
    (microsoft.public.de.fox)
  • Re: Error 21776: After creating new login
    ... EM uses SQLDMO and caches a lot of the information you see. ... another SQL Server session is not visible to the SQL-DMO session. ... > EXEC DATA0003.dbo.sp_addlogin 'test','pwd' ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: >> DMO
    ... Alex, thanks for your response. ... specific purpose of referencing server instances and database collections. ... express on vista and I was not able to reference SQLDMO objects. ... it still works with SQL Server 2008. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)