Re: Deployment/Installation of database using INNO

Hmm. Wrong group?

"Bernd Maierhofer" <bernd.maierhofer@xxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi + tx for reading.

I want to deploy an appalication as well as the mssql database using
INNO-Setup (see code below). I tried to use SQLDMO and usually this works,
but I am not sure if this is the most elegant and errorproof way.

I would be glad if some of you could share their knowledge.

tx Bernd

{ Create the main SQLDMO COM Automation object }
try
SQLServer := CreateOleObject('SQLDMO.SQLServer');
except
RaiseException('Microsoft SQL server Connectivity Tools not
installed.'#13#13'(' + GetExceptionMessage + ')');
end;
{ Connect to the Microsoft SQL Server }
try
SQLServer.LoginSecure := true;
SQLServer.Connect(SQLServerName);
except
RaiseException('SQLServer' +SQLServerName+ ' not
found.'#13#13+'('+GetExceptionMessage+')');
end;

.