Re: Failed to upgrade from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005
- From: chaitu <chaitanyagsk@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 23:39:21 -0700 (PDT)
I have found the issue. Problem is Upgrade advisor is failing if the
system has .Net 3.5 SP1 is installed. I found the following workaround
with which upgrade advisor is working fine.
Once SQL installation starts, create a subdirectory BPAClient
under C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\BPA
directory.and copy BPAClient.dll (from the sibling bin directory) into
Can any one suggest how i can proceed on this?
- Prev by Date: Re: SQL 2008 vs 2005 performance issue
- Next by Date: SQL2005 error trying to install Sampel databases
- Previous by thread: Failed to upgrade from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005
- Next by thread: Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109) inst