RE: problem installing MSDE 2000 when MS BCM already installed

From: Mingqing Cheng [MSFT] (v-mingqc_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/31/04

Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 07:34:41 GMT

Hi Maz,

Thanks for sharing your pains with us.

>From your descriptions, I understood that you will fail to install MSDE
unless removing Business Contact Manager(BCM) first. Have I understood you?
If there is anything I misunderstood, please feel free to let me know:)

For further troubleshooting, please collect the following information for me
1. What's your windows version, Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows 2003
(and it's language version)?
Have you make the latest updates by Windows Updates?

2. Have you upgraded to MDAC 2.8? Download it here and upgrade to see
whether any progress will make.

Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6c050fe3-c795-4b7d-
b037-185d0506396c&DisplayLang=en

3. Try to keep Windows and MSDE with the same language setting

4. Can you find MSSQL$MICROSOFTBCM service in your DELL box? If so, stop
this services and see whether any further process could be made.

concerns, don't hesitate to let me know. We are here to be of assistance!

Sincerely yours,

Mingqing Cheng
Microsoft Developer Community Support
Introduction to Yukon! - http://www.microsoft.com/sql/yukon
Please reply to newsgroups only, many thanks!