Re: SQL Server Networking

From: Mark Broadbent (no-spam-please_at_no-spam-please.com)
Date: 02/24/04

Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:41:47 -0000

yes Jim, just like it would work in the standalone environment, just specify
the remote server name in the query analyzer "server" entrybox. with Ent Man
register the remote server.

"Jim Heavey" <JimHeavey@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have always worked on SQL Server in a standalone environment. Now, I
> have two workstations networked together and I want the second machines to
> point to the first machine for it's SQL server needs.
>
> Can I install Query Analyzer and Enterprise Manager on the second machine
> point to the first? How do I configure them to point to SQL on the first
> machine?
>
> Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relevant Pages

  • How to tell which port
    ... I am having remote server which I cannot log through term ... query analyzer to do most things. ... is there any method to do so within sql query analyzer? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: copy folder to remote server
    ... copy folder to remote server ... copy folder to remote server ... Your search - madunix - did not match any documents. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: where did all the files go
    ... the local web site folder to a remote test server and delete the local ... the pages to a remote server, are the files that are copied to the remote ... You can then back up the entire folder ... VS2005 has a Publish Web Site option that enables you to publish to ...
  • RE: [PHP] Communicating with remote server
    ... On the database server, under the control of it's web server, the script ... Communicating with remote server ... both my server and the remote server have webservers with PHP ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: Configuring GNOME to automatically start screensaver after user logged in - Fedora Core 6
    ... I can now remotely connect to the native X display of the ... remote server without having to log into the remote server first ... it presents me with a login and I am able to log in. ...
    (linux.redhat)