Re: The process could not deliver the snapshot to the Subscriber

From: Paul Ibison (Paul.Ibison_at_Pygmalion.Com)
Date: 08/15/04

Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 13:17:51 +0100

Sam,
if you are on the subscriber, can you successfully access the repldata share
and open the MSmerge_contents.bcp and MSmerge_contents.sch files? It looks
to me that the snapshot files don't exist - perhaps they have been cleaned
up, or the snapshot agent not run. Even on a nosync initialization, for the
metadata tables these files are still necessary.
Regards,
Paul Ibison

"Sam" <sam@info.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to accomplish what is in the following article:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;320499
> After restoring a publisher database, starting a merge-agent results in
the
> error:
>
> The job failed. The Job was invoked by User sa. The last step to run was
> step 1 (Run agent.).The process could not deliver the snapshot to the
> Subscriber. The step failed.
>
> Category:ODBC
> Source: ODBC SQL Server Driver
> Number: 0
> Message: Unable to open BCP host data-file
>
> Category:AGENT
> Source: MIKELAPTOP
> Number: 20037
> Message: The process could not bulk copy into table
> '"dbo"."MSmerge_contents"'.
>
> The subscription has been marked for reinitialization. Reinitialization
will
> occur the next time you synchronize this subscription.
>
> Does the size of the database (1.05 gb) have anything to do with the last
> error "The subscription has been marked for reinitialization...."
>
> I'm attempting to do the following for a merge pull subscription. I just
> read the following that there is a nosynch option on merge publications.
If