UPDATEBLOB error - Function sequence error

OS: Windows XP. DBMS: SQL Server 2008. Development tool: PowerBuilder
10.5.

I am attempting to save a digital photo image to a table ( datatype of
column is varbinary(max) ) with an UPDATEBLOB statement via embedded SQL;
however, I'm getting the following error - SQLSTATE = S1010 [Microsoft][ODBC
Driver Manager] Function sequence error. (SQLCODE = -1 and SQLDBCODE = 999).
Does anyone have any suggestions to help solve this problem?

In addition, the connection to SQL Server 2008 is via ODBC. The DBPARM =
"Connectstring='Driver=SQL Server Native Client
10.0;Trusted_Connection=yes;App=xxx;Server=yyy;Database=zzz',DelimitIdentifier='Yes',DisableBind=1".
(BTW, the same UPDATEBLOB statement works fine with a Sybase ASA database).

  • Re: I can not read a small file from NTEXT field in the database
    ... new XML datatype instead. ... Are you simply storing the contents of the XML file, ... That wouldn't be a ntext ... If you're working with SQL Server locally, ...
  • Re: I need some serious help
    ... Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP ... > The result of a CASE need to be of the same datatype. ... Int is higher than the string datatypes, and the string 'David' cannot be converted ... > integer so you convert them to appropriate strings. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: String or binary data would be truncated
    ... I can't see why you would get that error with text datatype. ... Vyas, MVP ... If I change the query to the following it ... > Vyas, MVP (SQL Server) ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Data Type Question
    ... These must be user-defined datatypes (UDT). ... See Books Online, sp_addtype. ... base datatype for each UDT. ... Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP ...
  • Re: Want To Read Float In Record As Is
    ... Float an real are generally referred to as "approximate" datatype. ... But you probably want to look ad NUMERIC or DECIMAL (these are identical in SQL Server). ... What I mean is that no matter what data type I use in variables ...