Re: Ken Henderson's Book on SQL Internals

From: Greg Linwood (g_linwoodQhotmail.com)
Date: 05/03/04

Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 18:15:48 +1000

Hi Liz

Inside Windows is a series of MS Press books by David Solomon & Mark
Russinovich (early edition by Helen Custer)
Inside SQL Server is a series of MS Press books by Kalen Delaney (early
editions by Ron Soukup)

Regards,
Greg Linwood
SQL Server MVP

"Liz" <liz@tiredofspam.com> wrote in message

> "Greg Linwood" <g_linwoodQhotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Liz.
> >
> > What I really like about this book is the depth with which it covers
> Windows
> > topics. This information is especially valuable to DBAs because SQL
Server
> > is so closely integrated with Windows and managing SQL Servers
necessarily
> > requires a good understanding of Windows internals. There are many good
> > books on SQL Server but I've not seen any that cover the relevant
Windows
> > internals as well as Ken's latest book. I think great companions to this
> > book are Inside Windows & Inside SQL Server - both MS Press.
>
> Thanks, Greg ... which author on "Inside Windows" ... there seem to be a
> zillion "inside windows x, y, z" titles and I just have this sneaking
> suspicion they were not created equal ...

Relevant Pages

  • RE: How to create a trusted connection
    ... You need to grant access for the Windows login by referring to the books ... is set to use Windows authentication to be able to do trusted connection. ... There are two modes of authentication in SQL Server: ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • RE: How to create a trusted connection
    ... What do you mean by "creating a Windows login"? ... To login SQL Server 2000 using trusted connection, grant the Windows ... Group" in SQL Server Books Online to get the concept, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Slow booting xp home.
    ... Changing the boot order to boot first from your hard disk might save you a half second, but you won't be able to boot from a CD until you change it back - and the time spent to do that will erase any previous time saved. ... 2- Consider what software you really want to start with Windows and also how you've configured your applications at startup ... Installing and Registering Visual Studio Express Editions Smart Device ...
  • Re: Slow booting xp home.
    ... Thirty seconds to boot Windows? ... I read somewhere that Microsoft suggest 30s boot up on xp home, I have seen videos on youtube of 8s boot up on xp, I'd be delighted with 30s and happy just to get below a minute. ... Installing and Registering Visual Studio Express Editions Smart Device ...
  • Re: Sony PRS-500 Reader
    ... from Sony that they would be released here before the end of 2007. ... The content providers license the books on a territory ... I registered the Reader online). ... another program for Windows called Rasterfarian that'll make the fonts ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)