Re: Measure formatting in excel 2003

Well I was hoping it was possible in 2003, we will just have to do a manuel
format then :)

Thank you Michael.
--
-M-

"Michael G. Schneider" wrote:

"Mikael" <Mikael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Is there a way to make my formatting on measures work in Excel?

Example:
I set format string in Visual Studio 2005 to #,# and then I expect to see
number in excel as 1,000,000 but it is unformatted: 1000000

I observed the following: setting the FormatString in VS2005 to a number
format will work with Excel 2007. When accessing the same cube with Excel
2003 it will not work. So switching to Excel 2007 might be a solution.

However, also Excel 2007 has some problem regarding formatting. I still have
problems formatting a date in drill through.

Michael G. Schneider

  • Re: Merging to Word
    ... Michael J. Malinsky ... > wondered if something needed to be changed in Excel to achieve this. ... >> You need to format the field in Word. ... >> Do a search in Word help for something like numeric switches. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • RE: Excel & MS Query caused compile errors
    ... My data is in an Excel file called ... The format of it were distorted after copying and pasting. ... Microsoft SQL Server 2000, which requires a server, VBA or Microsoft Query ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Re: Actual solution
    ... It will import into excel as text. ... Selecting the cell shows that it's already correctly formatted. ... No calculation has been performed and the data and the value in the CSV file ... What if you format ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Easily resolved
    ... 'Text' formatted cells displaying numbers in scientific format ... I use Excel to view statement information downloaded from my bank in CSV ... some cells still display the numeric string in scientific ... Selecting the cell shows that it's already correctly formatted. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Actual solution
    ... This seems to be the EASIEST SOLUTION, and is built right into excel. ... some cells still display the numeric string in scientific ... Selecting the cell shows that it's already correctly formatted. ... What if you format ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)