Error: Translation is not allowed in Standard server edition

Hi guys,

I am working on an existing Analysis Services 2005 project which
deploys and processes fine. There are translations set for various
dimension attributes.

However, I have some XMLA which I want to run against the deployed cube
which sets up new organisation roles.

If I run the XMLA against the cube and re-engineer it, on re-processing
the cube I get the following error:

Translation is not allowed in Standard server edition

What I want to know is why did the translations work in the first
place? Even when I delete all the translations I still get the same
error when reprocessing for attribute relationships that have been
renamed. I tried reverting the attribute relationship names to the
default but still no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jonathon

  • Re: dynamic translation
    ... AS2005 can do what you described for attribute members, but not for cube ... for each cube dimension and measure. ... But if you do not have frequest changes in the translations table, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)
  • Re: Connection error in Excel 2003 to AS 2005
    ... This problem is related not to provider or cube ... Do you have translations defined in you ... the database. ... studio' and 'Business Intelligence Development Studio'. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)
  • Re: The end of the input was reached. error after I process 1 cube
    ... I have deleted ALL the perspectives and recreate them and the problem is ... I have try deleting 1 at a time in different order, but this doesn't works, ... I process 1 perticular cube. ... does the translations can cause this issue? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)
  • The end of the input was reached. error after I process 1 cube
    ... process 1 perticular cube. ... I can process all my cube except the one which cause the problem and access ... I have removed all the calculations same result. ... does the translations can cause this issue? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)