Re: Administrator rights issue with HTTP connectivity

From: Chip (chip.reevesNOSPAM_at_bellsouth.com)
Date: 07/23/04

Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:50:38 -0700

Dave - can you elaborate on item 2A - passing username a
connect string? Namely, how? I have already been pouring
over the article you mention all week - but still have the
same problem as the original post. -Chip

few options.
>1) You can run IIS and AS on the same machine, in which
case, your Windows
>NT credentials can be used directly.
>2) You can run IIS and AS on different machines but in
the same domain
>(which is a requirement), but then you need to either run
basic
>authentication between your client machine and IIS (and
pass on the connect
>string a domain username and pwd to impersonate on the
IIS machine) or look
>at using Windows Kerberos delegation. Basic
authentication by far is the
>more common technique.
>
>More on this subject can be find in the following white
paper:
url=/library/en-us/dnsql2k/html/sql_datapump.asp

>Hope that helps.
>--
>Dave Wickert [MSFT]
>dwickert@online.microsoft.com
>Program Manager
>BI SystemsTeam
>SQL BI Product Unit (Analysis Services)
>--
confers no rights.

>"Mark G" <immy619_97@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I've defined a few permission groups to a cube. Now
I'm trying to
>> view the cube via ASP, which connects and displays data
when on
>> viewing the webpage from the server *OR* on any PC
which has a user
>> logged in with Administrator rights. If i go to another,
>> non-Administrator-rights box, the page errors, stating
the Cube not
>> available. I can not give IUSER administrator rights
and currently am
>> using windows integrated authentication for IIS
validation. I have
>> tried passing a standard userid/password to the
connection string, no
>> success. Heard anything as to why OLAP would not
accept passed
>> userid/password in this type of security setup? Any
other thoughts?

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Active Directory Authentication in IIS 6
    ... Dim obj As Object = entry.NativeObject. ... NMOWeb.FormsAuth.LdapAuthentication.IsAuthenticated(String domain, String ... need to keep it on 2000 with IIS 5.1 until we can figure it out. ... I generally recommend people just bind ...
  • Re: Active Directory Authentication in IIS 6
    ... Dim obj As Object = entry.NativeObject. ... String username, String pwd) ... need to keep it on 2000 with IIS 5.1 until we can figure it out. ... bind against the RootDSE object on the domain controller: ...
  • Re: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    ... > (running Windows XP, MSSQL2000, IIS) and it has been tested and ready ... > string username = person.Identity.Name.ToString; ... > Line 65: LdapConnection conn = ldUser.doConnect( ... > public LdapConnection doConnect(string username, string password, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: Server.Transfer working for IIS 5.1 but not for IIS 6.0
    ... String from PageTransfer_Sender.aspx to PageTransfer_Target.aspx. ... private void btnTransfer_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) ... We have it working for IIS 5.0 but IIS 6.0 refusing ...