-----Original Message-----
From: "Peter Yang[MSFT]" [mailto:petery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Posted At: Sunday, March 16, 2008 11:34 PM
Posted To: microsoft.public.sqlserver.odbc
Conversation: Corrupted SQL Driver
Subject: RE: Corrupted SQL Driver

Hello Djordje,

To understand the issue better, I'd like to know the following
informaiton:

1. What's OS do you use? Is it XP? If so, did you install SP2 as you
mentioned?

2. I'd like to know if you have reinstall MDAC by using MDAC.inf file?

If you didn't try this, please try to use MDAC.inf to reinstall MDAC
from
SP2.

How to Repair MDAC 2.8 Under Windows XP with SP2 Installed
http://www.macropool.com/en/download/mdac_xp_sp2.html

If the issue persists, please try to repair MDAC by using mdac repair
tool
to see if it works.

Please let's know if you have any update. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Peter Yang
MCSE2000/2003, MCSA, MCDBA
Microsoft Online Community Support
..
Note: The MSDN Managed Newsgroup support offering is for non-urgent
issues
Engineer within 1 business day is acceptable. Please note that each
follow
professional working with you may need further investigation to reach
the
most efficient resolution. The offering is not appropriate for
situations
project analysis and dump analysis issues. Issues of this nature are
best
handled working with a dedicated Microsoft Support Engineer by
contacting
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/support/default.aspx>.
rights.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Corrupted SQL Driver
    ... did you install SP2 as you ... I'd like to know if you have reinstall MDAC by using MDAC.inf file? ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.odbc)
  • RE: Unable to use OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
    ... This sounds like MDAC isn't installed properly on your side. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... You can send feedback directly to my manager at: ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
    (microsoft.public.data.oledb)
  • RE: oracle linked serve error "OLE/DB provider returned an invalid schema definition" - issue st
    ... Yes, as you can see, this is a known issue in MDAC. ... and found it was the designed behavior for Oracle. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
    (microsoft.public.data.odbc)
  • Re: Update KB832483
    ... You can contact Support to help diagnose the problem. ... I tried installing MDAC 2.8 and it failed. ... >>This security update requires that you have any one of the following>MDAC versions installed:>>MDAC 2.5 Service Pack 2 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: MDAC language dependency
    ... what I should download if I don't know where my app will be ... The MDAC components actually directly related to accessing data are ActiveX ... language independant.) ... support. ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.database.ado)