Re: Installing MSDE

From: Joe (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/07/04

Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:57:06 -0700

I am getting the response MSDERela is not a recognized
internal command?

And the spinning wheel goes round and round ;)

Thanks
Joe

nel messaggio
>> Hello Andrea,
>>
>> Ok,someone told me that SQL was easier than Access. I
>> don't think so... :(
>
>don't think so too =;-D
>
>> locate your MSDE installer directory and provide all
>> required params...
>> c:\...\>setup.exe
>>
>> add the sa pwd as >>>>>> where does this go?
>> SAPWD="your pwd"
>>
>> In here? >>>c:\...\>setup.exe
>> I have no Idea?
>>
>> Ok here is the path to the MSDE on C:\
>>
>> C:\MSDERela\setup.exe
>>
>> Now how does this work with this >>> SAPWD="your pwd"
>>

>yep.
>open a command window.. navigate to tha folder, and type
the full command
>like
>C:\MSDERela\>setup.exe SAPWD="your pwd"
DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0
>SECURITYMODE=SQL /L*v "C:\msdelog.txt"
>
>on the same line =;-D
>this will install a default instance of MSDE, with
enabled network
>protocols, allowing SQL Server authenticated connections
too, with the "sa"
>SQL Server special account password of "your pwd"
>the installation will be logged in the C:\msdelog.txt
file...

>again, you can see the full explanation of each parameter
at
url=/library/en-us/distsql/distsql_84xl.asp
http://italy.mvps.org
>DbaMgr2k ver 0.9.1 - DbaMgr ver 0.55.1
>(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and
MSDE 2000 a visual
>interface)
>--------- remove DMO to reply
>
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [opensuse] Post installation queries (FIRST successful installation of Linux)
    ... way to manage users on opensuse is with yast. ... You use the 'passwd' command to change the passwords from the command line. ... By default, if you su to root, you can change/reset any user password simply ... the installer do that to me, so others will need to chime in on how to fix ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: SOS ! - Workgroup clients - MSI Packages - Error 1619
    ... > This means that the SMSPKGD$ folder will not contain the Windows Installer ... > This type of command work perfectly fine on domain clients but it fails on ... > Execution mode 1: whether a user is logged or not ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.swdist)
  • Re: Fedora 8 install gets stuck
    ... There was one time when I tried running the installer and it did not get stuck, but I aborted the installation as anaconda got started to experiment with the kernel command line parameters. ... The same Fedora 8 media installed without any problem on a desktop computer. ...
    (Fedora)
  • I need a way to uninstall IIS 7 (and ASP) under WOW64
    ... more luck under this forum, since ASP is involved, somewhat, in my problem. ... In a Web server installer that I'm maintaining, we keep track of whether or ... value is there and no other Web sites are using IIS on that machine, ... The following is the command that we launch in order to remove IIS 7 and ASP ...
  • Re: A thought on the command spell
    ... called Something Holt. ... but the command might be in orcish. ... #2 drop weapons and delay 1 round ... #3 fall over unconcious for 1 round (1 round sleep essentially) ...
    (rec.games.frp.dnd)