Re: ANSI to Unicode(MSSQL) convertions

From: Nikolai Lukin (nvlukin_at_gran-service.ru)
Date: 01/27/05

Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 07:16:30 +0300

  MS SQL usually stores data in CP-1251 for ru_RU locale by default. Your
example here reads as "compressor ring 100 milimeters" in CP-1251 in fact.
Nevertheless, Activex script mechanism doesn't allow codepage translations,
as I was explained here some time ago. You probably need to add some VB /
VB.NET code to your DTS package. Of course, if you do need to translate your
strings.

  Nick

  "Aras Kucinskas" <aras@skuba.lt> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> How to convert and transfer ANSI string data from FoxPro table to MS SQL
> Unicode table. Data in FoxPro are in 1251 codepage (Russian Windows).
Now
> result is like " 100 ".The ODBC driver does not
> performs the conversion from ANSI to Unicode.
>
> Help.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ANSI to Unicode(MSSQL) convertions
    ... MS SQL usually stores data in CP-1251 for ru_RU locale by default. ... Nevertheless, Activex script mechanism doesn't allow codepage translations, ... > How to convert and transfer ANSI string data from FoxPro table to MS SQL ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.odbc)
  • Re: ANSI to Unicode(MSSQL) convertions
    ... MS SQL usually stores data in CP-1251 for ru_RU locale by default. ... Nevertheless, Activex script mechanism doesn't allow codepage translations, ... > How to convert and transfer ANSI string data from FoxPro table to MS SQL ...
  • Re: ANSI to Unicode(MSSQL) convertions
    ... MS SQL usually stores data in CP-1251 for ru_RU locale by default. ... Nevertheless, Activex script mechanism doesn't allow codepage translations, ... > How to convert and transfer ANSI string data from FoxPro table to MS SQL ...
    (microsoft.public.fox.vfp.queries-sql)