Re: SQL CE RDA Pull/push and SSL

Okay, seeing no one has replied, I guess I should clarify my issues.

I have written a program that pulls information off a Windows Server 2003
Enterprise Edition machine running SQL Server 2000 SP4 and SQL CE 2.0 SP4.
The client is developed in VS.NET 2003 and currently runs off an emulator in
lieu of PDAs to test on.

The problem lies as follows: for example, if I should specify the IIS server
URL to be http://192.168.1.27/sqlce/sscesa20.dll, it would work, but if I
specified https://192.168.1.27/sqlce/sscesa20.dll, it would fail with an
exception.

I have set up HTTPS correctly and am capable of getting the SQL server to
respond through the HTTPS on Pocket Internet Explorer on the Emulator and on
Internet Explorer on the desktop (I set up two http ports on the SQLCE
server to ease development: a clear HTTP SQLCE server on port 80 and another
HTTPS SQLCE server on port 443).

Must I specify any extra variables to get the rda calls to work through
HTTPS?

Here's a snippet from the source:
string cStr = "Provider=sqloledb; Data Source="+sserv.Text+"; Initial
Catalog="+db.Text+"; User Id="+sqlu.Text+"; Password="+sqlp.Text;
if (usespi.Checked==true)
{
cStr=cStr+"; INTEGRATED SECURITY=\"SSPI\";";
}
string rStr = @"Provider=Microsoft.SQLSERVER.OLEDB.CE.2.0; Data
Source="+dfl.Text;
if (ldbpyes.Checked==true)
{
rStr=rStr+"; Password="+ldp.Text.Trim();
}
if (ldbe.Checked==true)
{
rStr=rStr+"; Encrypt Database=\"TRUE\"";
}
string tsel = "SELECT "+custsel.Text+" FROM "+tabl.Text;
if (ccond.Checked==true)
{
tsel=tsel+" where "+cwhere.Text.Trim();
}

The following are then encapsulated in a try-catch routine:

rda = new SqlCeRemoteDataAccess(iserv.Text,iisu.Text,iisp.Text,rStr);
if (uprox.Checked==true)
{
rda.InternetProxyServer=psvr.Text;
rda.InternetProxyLogin=pser.Text;
rda.InternetProxyPassword=ppwd.Text;
}
rda.Push(tabl.Text,cStr,RdaBatchOption.BatchingOn);

The program pulls information from various textboxes and adds various
variables to the connection strings through checkbox choices.

Any help would be appriciated, thanks.

  • Re: RWW with no https
    ... Speaking about MS IIS as a web server, in HTTP, one can run multiple ... "host headers" and run all sites on the default port 80. ... to workstations, runs on port 4125, which is dynamically opened by the SBS ... HTTP why cant you do the same with HTTPS? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Outlook 2003 cant see Exch 2003 over RPC
    ... To help you troubleshoot RPC try RPC Ping, ... working on the LAN side is my priority rather than the external HTTPS ... server endpoints and let me see what it's trying to do and perhaps what's ... You stated you did get RPC over HTTP to work for a while when the SBS ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: RWW with no https
    ... I thought Kerio was on the same ... I understand it is just another web server on the network with SBS. ... it is just a web server, why not change its HTTPS port instead of changing ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RWW with no https
    ... Sorry for the confusion but someone did a port scan on me and found I ... The SBS server we would like to have RWW ... work without using HTTPS but it seems this is not possible and or I ... "Yes I use Kerio for the 75GB limitation ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: ISA 2006 and SSL
    ... Because the ISA 2006 is a new ... | 3) From your port I am reading things about publishing to a web server. ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)