RE: Exit Code 1

Hi continuing with the saga....this is very strange... I removed the tick "
from surpress program notifification" and hit the baloon to install the
notified program. Task Manager indicated that the installation routine took
place, in other words the msi package was launched along with some registry
changes and the package was installed as far as i can gather sucessfully.
However SMS is still reporting an exit code 1 which is considered a
failure...........

Question.....do I have to create a package definition file (PDF) to reflect
this???
Thanks
--
npluck

"Neville" wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to install Java Runtime version 6 via SMS using a Batch
file....When I launch the Batch file manually the install process
works....The package is mapped to a drive since batch does not support unc
path. Nonetheless I am getting an exit code error message.

Thsi is what i receive from event viewer:

"The program for advertisement "EAS20034" failed ("EAS0001E" - "Wks-Sun-Java
Runtime-6.0"). A failure exit code of 1 was returned.
User context: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Possible cause: Systems Management Server (SMS) determines status for each
program it executes. If SMS cannot find or correlate any installation status
Management Information Format (MIF) files for the program, it uses the
program's exit code to determine status. An exit code of 1 is considered a
failure.
Solution: For more information on the exit code, refer to the documentation
for the program you are distributing."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--
npluck

  • RE: Random Management Point Reinstalls???
    ... The Management Point will install correctly without any issues if I ... again and stops the Exchange services when it tries to install. ... downing an Exchange box while performing out of hours SMS ugprade work! ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: batch file wont run
    ... It should install correctly and should try to copy. ... Server (SMS) determines status for each program it executes. ... An exit code of 1 is considered a failure. ... default ini file on the clients workstation. ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.setup)
  • Re: batch file wont run
    ... You either need to run this with user rights, Grant guest access to the share and folder, or create a MSI/SMS Install Package with includes the files. ... Personally I would create a SMS Installer package for me it is very quick and simple to install the file and still run under the local system content. ... An exit code of 1 is considered a failure. ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.setup)
  • RE: SMS Client Push
    ... seems like you have a management point issue. ... Go and download sms 2003 toolkit 2, install it and run the ... > SMS Site Component Manager failed to install this component, ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.setup)
  • Deploying Office 2003 Failed
    ... Exit code was an error. ... Action ended 2:23:26: INSTALL. ... When I logged on to a client machine as a user with administrative privilege on the client and run the script, ... I used similar script to deploy Office XP using SMS 2.0 and it worked. ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.swdist)