Re: Modify installation locations after install?

"Rob DeSantos" <RobDeSantos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Well the secondary site will still install to C and connect back to the
> primary site, but the primary site needs to be reconfigured.
>
> I do believe it is best to seperate out data like this right?:
> 1 array for OS
> 1 Array for SMS installation itself (reporting, etc).
> 1 array for packages all by itself?

You could certainly do it this way, usually the OS is on a mirrored, RAID1
array. With regards to splitting the SMS installation and the packages to
separate RAID5 arrays, that would really depend on how many clients your
site is servicing and the frequency in which you push packages and create
advertisements. Many installations, including ours (~8,500 clients) keep the
packages and SMS site on the same raid-5 array. Disk subsystems are only one
part of the equation, you'll get higher performance with Windows Server 2003
and IIS6, with the proper processor and memory configuration.

Steve

  • Advice on tulip driver
    ... as root user xsane finds the scanner but as a normal user xsane ... > First you need to run apt-get update to read the list of packages. ... I removed the existing KDE installation: ... > Probing devices to guess BIOS drives. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Feedback wanted for a drag-and-drop install location interface for PackMan
    ... You mean the "Packages to configure"? ... fact that items in that window can be selected. ... the window for the current app. ... installation (though that's at odds with my comments about the drag and drop ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: [SLE] late KDE update!
    ... >> installing first all the base packages. ... e) Added the new installation source in YaST using a local mirror. ... t) The conflict window returned with several KDE packages listed. ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 75, Issue 260
    ... Grub 2 and moved sytem ... I've done it as I usually do, by copying the installation from one partition ... when does partition order change without the user doing ... Non-free packages installed on thezorch-desktop ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: XP Full/upgrade what?
    ... You have a current installation of Windows 98/98SE/ME/NT ... "FULL OEM" CD. ... The COA and Product Keys for these packages will be the same as the ... packages from Microsoft, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)