Re: Using the /norestart switch

"Marlene" <Marlene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:D2307A73-E59E-4279-AF36-1E1A5B7CA468@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I am using SMS 2003 to deploy patches to Windows XP and Windows 2000
clients.
> Even I specify the /norestart switch, the clients are rebooting. Does
the
> /norestart switch work with SMS even if the bulletin specifies "You must
> restart your system after you apply this security update"? and if so,
what
> might I be doing wrong?

How are you deploying your patches? Singly or as part of SUS/ITMU?

If singly, post an example of your command line option? And, how do you have
your Package/Program "After Running" option set?

Steve

  • Re: Can anyone help me stop Agent from replying to the e-mail addresss.......
    ... > they're willing to put up with Windows. ... Which is why nearly all the private clients I see run ... days/weeks/months learning the ins and outs of Linux - I am busy all ... switch away from Micro$haft, if I had the inclination so to do, because ...
    (rec.autos.sport.f1)
  • Windows 2000 login
    ... I have a windows 2000 user who logs in as a restricted ... user but when they shut down and switch the PC back on the ... there any way to specify the name that is shown. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: ASM objects?
    ... > Mind explaining what Borland's OWL is about? ... "Microsoft" is written multiple times on the Windows loading screen (it ... endianness thereafter... ... smart to specify and when it's actually far, ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Windows 95/98 on SBS2003
    ... Windows 95/98 Clients on SBS domain. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Switch from mixed to native mode : risks ?
    ... Before making the switch have backups of all DCs ... # Jorge de Almeida Pinto # MVP Windows Server - Directory Services ... I want to switch my domain to native mode. ... I want to know if there is any risk for: ...