Re: Patch Deployment

From: Ryan Talley (ryan.talley_at_gtri.gatech.edu)
Date: 08/12/04

Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:30:54 -0400

8432,
        I am totally with you on this stuff. There has got to be a
way that we can get the patches not detected by MBSA to push out with
the DSUW. I would really rather not have to create my own Software
Distribution package every time I find a critical patch that MBSA
doesn't detect. I'm sitting here right now looking at one of my
machines that needs KB870669 installed on it and SMS/MBSA know nothing
about that patch. That patch is a "attacker could gain complete
control over machine" warning. Come on, there is no way MBSA 1.2
should be missing critical patches like this one. Anyone from
Microsoft have any insight on this?? How can I get SMS 2003 to push
out patches such as this one that MBSA won't detect?

Ryan