VIDEO MISSING in .avi file

I created an audio/visual file using Camtasia. The file extension is .avi
file and when I click on it plays perfectly. I copied it to disk, and when a
coworker brings the file up in Windows Media player on her PC she only gets
the audio. The same file on the same CD, or playing from my hard drive,
works fine on my PC. We both have Microsoft Vista operating systems and 2003
Office Edition software.

Any ideas why she can't see the visual part of the file?
--
William

  • Re: .avi Problems in media player
    ... the file extension should not be .AVI on that. ... "Vince" wrote in message ... >> attempting to play has an extension that does not match the file format. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Could this really be true???
    ... be able to save a WMV or AVI ... file to a disk, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: what kind of codec?
    ... check the file extension ... of a video after you make it or get it, to see if it's a WMV, AVI, WAV, etc. ... Then, to check the codecs it needs to play it, get the free GSpot ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: Playing downloaded video on Vista
    ... It's almost 80% certain they're encoded using DivX codec which you can ... Installing that is a good first step, and you may not need any more. ... we'd need to know the file extension of the ... If it's AVI then you could check the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)
  • Re: No picture in storyboard
    ... Well then that was probably the wrong approach then anyway since AVI files ... I would start with the XP Codec pack that usually does the trick. ... >>> file extension to ... >> John Inzer ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)