Paste link not available

I'm using Publisher 2003. I have two differently-organised versions of the
same document and want to set one up as the master - where I'll make any
changes - and one as the slave where any changes are replicated. My idea for
achieving this is to paste each object from the master document as linked
objects in the slave.

The help files suggest that I should be able to copy objects from one
document and use Paste Special > Paste Link to put them into the other;
however, when I click on Paste Special, the "Paste Link" is greyed out.

The process looks very straightforward in theory and I'm convinced that I'm
following the simple instructions correctly - but I'm hoping I'm wrong! I've
even tried creating a brand new publication containing just one object and
attempting to paste this as a link in a second new publication - and even
this doesn't work. Does anyone know what's going on?

  • Re: Paste link not available
    ... changes - and one as the slave where any changes are replicated. ... achieving this is to paste each object from the master document as linked ... however, when I click on Paste Special, the "Paste Link" is greyed out. ... attempting to paste this as a link in a second new publication - and even ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)
  • Re: Paste link not available
    ... changes - and one as the slave where any changes are replicated. ... achieving this is to paste each object from the master document as linked ... however, when I click on Paste Special, the "Paste Link" is greyed out. ... attempting to paste this as a link in a second new publication - and even ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)
  • Re: Paste link not available
    ... it to the original file? ... changes - and one as the slave where any changes are replicated. ... however, when I click on Paste Special, the "Paste Link" is greyed out. ... attempting to paste this as a link in a second new publication - and even ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)
  • Re: Replikations Frage
    ... vom Master auf den Slave kopiert hast und dabei die Permissions auf ... Die Datenbanken auf den Slave Server laufen ohne Probleme. ... # If you want to know which options a program support, ...
    (de.comp.datenbanken.mysql)
  • Re: When caveman Uhg invented fire
    ... be a business owner. ... But even the smallest "ownership" makes one a slave. ... Any "slave" can become the master. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)