Re: Publisher 2007 right margin help

I've a PhotoSmart printer that will not print borderless in Publisher. I've
solved that by saving the publication as a high resolution image and printing
from the printer software. You would have to save the front and back separately.
Its a workaround...

You might try saving the brochure as a PDF and printing it that way. The save as
a PDF Microsoft offers is very good.
https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en
--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"The Flying Elvi" <TheFlyingElvi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thanks Mary,

I've tried setting all the margin values to zero in notepad as suggested and
the only value that changes back is the right margin goes back up to 0.01. I
have a HP deskjet F380 all in one printer. As far as it's concerned it will
let me set margins to zero.

I've tried drawing diagonal lines on a blank publisher page - A4 landscape
with zero margins and in print preview it still stops short of the right side
of the page.

As I'm trying to produce a 3 fold brochure, this large gap at the right is
annoying. I can't trim it as I'd be cutting off the 'left' side of the
inside page which prints as normal.

bugger!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

Are you sure your printer can print that close?
Look here:
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"The Flying Elvi" <The Flying Elvi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message
Hi all,

right, I've downloaded a publisher template for a business brochure.

http://www.layoutready.com/free-microsoft-publisher-word-sample-templates.html

I've selected the template size in publisher to A4 lanscape 29.7 cm x 21
cm
and set the page margins standard 0.5cm all round. The problems arise in
printing. Everything looks ok in print preview but on printing the right
margin is 1.5 cm while the rest stay 0.5cm. This is very annoying.

please help

  • Re: How do I change the top margin when printing business cards
    ... the top margin so that printing starts lower down. ... How do I adjust the top margin? ... different versions of Publisher, it might be in the Print dialog, or Page ... Setup or Print Setup. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)
  • Re: saving and printing take forever
    ... How about you tell us what version of Windows and Publisher you are using. ... Saving should be nearly instantaneous, ... Printing can at times take a while, but that depends on the content and ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)
  • Re: Publisher 2007 right margin help
    ... the only value that changes back is the right margin goes back up to 0.01. ... let me set margins to zero. ... I've tried drawing diagonal lines on a blank publisher page - A4 landscape ... Everything looks ok in print preview but on printing the right ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)
  • Re: How to print in full page without margins
    ... twice the width of what the actual hard margin is. ... I notice that for actual printing, the .NET graphics some how locates the 2 ... Some say if I print the rectangle at 0,0 position ... "Ron Allen" wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing)
  • Re: Publisher 2003 printing margins problem
    ... Publisher does have some minor problems of its own in certain respects, but it is definitely not to blame for the problem of current HP printers failing to print properly at their "borderless printing" setting. ... That problem is *definitely* a HP printer driver problem. ... if you don't really need to get right up to the edges of the page with your document then you can use the HP printer's "minimize margins" setting *instead of* its "borderless printing" setting. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)