Re: no longe rcan open older publisher files

Error message when you try to open a publication in Publisher: "Publisher cannot
open the file" or "Publisher has detected a problem"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"T Hinson" <T Hinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I am running Publisher 2003. I previously have had no problems open Publisher
2000 files. Now, when I open a Publisher 2000 file it says "Publisher cannot
open this file. This file was saved from a previous version of Publisher.
Publisher no longer supports files what were saved in this version."

The only thing that has changed is that I've installed Microsoft Expression
Studio 2.

Any Publisher files saved in 2003 format open just fine. It's the older ones
that I cannot open.

  • Re: Publisher 2003 cannot complete the operation
    ... You receive an error message when you try to create a new document in Office ... Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ... Update SP2 and the security update for Publisher - still no luck. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)
  • Re: Publisher crashes when I try to delete 3 specific pages.
    ... Is your publication a booklet? ... Issues that are fixed in Publisher 2003 by Office 2003 Service Pack 2 ... Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ... If you open a simple Publisher file, open the Design Checker, click Design ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)
  • Re: Turning pages into files ... more thoughts
    ... Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ... I opened a publication that had multiple pages. ... I clicked on Publisher Tasks. ... "hike file " w/o having all the others mixed in. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)
  • Re: Help! How do I change this back to a printed publication?
    ... about saving your publication first. ... Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ... publication, open a new instance of Publisher, paste special, "Publisher ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)
  • Re: Error when Emailing in Publisher
    ... document to PDF using the user manual instructions. ... Publisher 2003 doesn't have the option to send current page as the ... Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ... When trying to e-mail I receive the same error message. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)