Re: Does anyone know how to "smudge" the edges of a photograph?

By the way, you can use for example Microsoft Word 2007 for that effect and for easy layouts.
You can also copy & paste from Word to Publisher these images, effects are preserved.
Jan

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:#6O8NGT8HHA.4476@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In addition to John's suggestions you can use Paint.NET for special effects. It is free

http://www.getpaint.net/

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"John Inzer" <oobie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ePUoWEQ8HHA.1204@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PAMIAM wrote:
Hi,
I am a real estate agent. I prefer to design my own brochures,
flyers, etc. for my clients. I used Microsoft Publisher for the first
time today. I would like to be able to place special effects, like
smudging the edges, to the photographs. Does anyone know if this or
any other special effects are available and if so, where they are
located....which MS program?
Thanks!
===============================
You need image editing software.

MS Digital Image Suite has many
options for enhancing images.

There's a 60 day trial version available for
download if you would like to give it a try:

Microsoft Digital Image
Starter Edition 2006
http://tinyurl.com/28loxr
(this product line has been
discontinued but you can still
down-load the Starter Version
and run it for 60 days)

Unlike the retail version...the trial does not
have the ability to create VCDs and it does
not include the clipart and pre-formatted
projects.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

  • Re: One more thing
    ... Looks like Microsoft is really responding to you this time. ... >>Thank you for your response and information. ... Reboot the computer in Clean Boot and reinstall Digital Image Library ... >>archiving pictures from Library to CD. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • Re: How do I convert a .php file to use on Publisher 2003?
    ... now want to convert for use on Publisher 2003. ... Any version of Microsoft Picture It! ... Digital Image will open the HP2000 .php files. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)
  • Re: Which Current MSFT Product ....
    ... Microsoft has discontinued its line of Digital Image Suite products*. ... now can be found in new Microsoft titles and services including Windows ... Singapore Website Design ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Microsoft Photo Editor should come back!
    ... Have you tried asking questions about using the image editors. ... I have installed MS Digital Image Pro and Adobe ... > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • [Full-Disclosure] Flaw in Microsoft Word Could Enable Macros toRun Automatically (827653)
    ... Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-035 Print ... Flaw in Microsoft Word Could Enable Macros to Run Automatically ... Word should apply the security patch immediately. ... A macro is a series of commands and instructions that can be grouped ...
    (Full-Disclosure)