Re: how to get Word Art along a circular arc?

I have an example of WordArt as a circle here:

http://msauer.mvps.org/wordart_in_microsoft_publisher.htm

Scroll way down.

I have problems visualizing what you are trying to do. Do you want the words on
the bands that go around your Saturn-like circle?

Copy one of the bands, paste special as a .wmf, ungroup, edit the points. Hold
control, place your cursor on the point, it will turn into a "x", click, the
point will delete. Continue until your band fits your circle.

If you copy/paste special your WordArt, you can rotate each letter to fit any
space.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"michalaw" <michalaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I'm designing a logo for our company conference. I'd like the main shape of
the logo to be a circle, with the theme of our annual conference across the
top of the circle. Then I'd like to have 3 big rings going around and
disappearing behind the circle (rather like the rings of Saturn). I have 2
questions.
1) I'd like the text to be in an arc that parallels the outline of the
circle - the text will take up about one quarter of the circumference. I've
discovered how to get Word Art to put the text in an arc, but the arc is oval
rather than circular, and doesn't parallel the outline of the circle. Can
anyone explain how I can get the two arcs to be similar?
2) Can anyone suggest a method for creating the 3 "rings"? I've discovered
how to make an arc that curves around the left side of the circle, but then
the right side just shoots off into space. I'd like both sides of each arc
to curve around behind the circle.

  • Re: Defining a circle
    ... Mathematics starts with complicated theorems created by hetware and then ... |> | I accept that as a definition for the circumference of a circle. ... Some are stated as axioms (which I hold to be ... do you accept an arc is longer than a chord, ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: Defining a circle
    ... Some are stated as axioms (which I hold to be ... | through a circle and sharing a point with the center I say the circle ... do you accept an arc is longer than a chord, ... We call one inertial frame the ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: sin x / x tends to 1...
    ... So it has always seemed to me that defining arc length this ... >> half the circumference of the unit circle. ... >> those polygons then everything works with no circularity. ... Now define the sine of an angle geometrically, ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: move an object by animation and leave it in the new position
    ... I created the circle that spins and moves and made it spin and move by ... adding a spin emphasis and a motion path as described earlier in the thread. ... For the red "arc" trace, I added an arc autoshape (under the basic shapes ... I put the arc underneath the floor, and I gave it a spin emphasis animation. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: how to get Word Art along a circular arc?
    ... Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ... circle as the shape for my WordArt, and then adding several extra spaces on ... Your advice on the rings was also quite helpful. ... I'd like the text to be in an arc that parallels the outline of the ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)