Re: Publisher 2007 Getting Started

Well Chuck, I have tried everything I know to keep the Task Pane from being on
the screen when opening Publisher, nothing works. I did manage to delete the
icon you can put on the toolbar through customization. I have to figure out how
to get it back. I reckon you will have to click the "x" when you open Publisher.
If I figure out another way I will let you know.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message
Mary,

Thanks that worked. I figured with you clue on the other it would be similar
for this one, but I haven't been able to locate a fix:
http://www.anthemwebs.com/images/pain.jpg
Even if I close it while working on the document , as soon as I close the
document, it shows up again. Maybe some folks work that way, but I don't
normally create a new document but once a month...

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Not sure which task pane is opening for you. Tools, options, general tab,
clear "Show Publication types when starting Publisher."
If it is the task pane that is on the screen when you open Publisher,
right-click the toolbar, clear task pane.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message
I attended the Las Vegas Launch program yesterday and have successfully
downloaded and installed Microsoft Office Professional 2007. Thank you
Microsoft!

When I open Publisher 2007, I get the page "Getting Started with Microsoft
Office Publisher 2007." I simply want to open to a blank one-page document,
and I'll open the document that I want.

How to change?

  • Re: Publisher 2007 Default File Location
    ... get the Format task pane not to be opened when Publisher opens, ... Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ... specifies default folder PubDocs, here is change I have made to MSPub.exe ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)
  • Re: do not want ant task pane at startup
    ... instead it opens with the publication design task pane. ... Really want Publisher to simply open to blank page. ... unchecking New Publication task pane at startup. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)
  • Re: Infuriating
    ... How do I get rid of the "format Publication" menu when opening a ... document in publisher from My Docs? ... when I open Publisher itself. ... Just close the Task Pane by typing Ctrl+F1 ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)
  • Re: do not want ant task pane at startup
    ... Yes everything is up-to-date including windows, office 2003, optional tools. ... I can get Publisher to open without the default start task pane, ... it opens with the publication design task pane. ... Really want Publisher to simply open to blank page. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)
  • Re: How do i stop the task pane appearing when i start publisher 2
    ... with the task pane, even tho i have unticked all the right boxes. ... Publisher will remember this setting and the task pane will ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)