Re: How do I get the zapf dingbats font to work in Publisher?

"S Miller" <SMiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
It's a TrueType font. Font embedding doesn't work because Publisher won't
even recognize the font. The font does appear in the font list; however,
any
text I highlight and try to change to the Zapf Dingbats symbols font
doesn't
do anything -- the text remains in Arial or whatever the text was typed
in.

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

S Miller <S Miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> was very recently heard
to utter:
I bought the Zapf Dingbats font to use for symbols in documents that
will be sent to a printer. However, when I use the "insert symbol"
feature or type the alpha character that corresponds to the dingbats
symbol I want, MS Publisher does not show the symbol, does not print
the symbol, etc. MS Publisher isn't recognizing the zapf dingbats
symbol font. I'm using MS Publisher XP 2002 version.

Is this a TrueType, OpenType, or Type 1 font?

Are you using font embedding?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

Maybe this will help... http://www.techknowledgecorp.com/help/zapfding.html

  • Re: How do I get the zapf dingbats font to work in Publisher?
    ... feature or type the alpha character that corresponds to the dingbats ... symbol I want, MS Publisher does not show the symbol, does not print ... etc. MS Publisher isn't recognizing the zapf dingbats ... Is this a TrueType, OpenType, or Type 1 font? ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)
  • Re: Zapf Dingbats Problem
    ... and sometimes in files moved between computers). ... I think it's caused by two different versions of the "Zapf Dingbats" ... font that are not recognised as being the same font. ... What you will have to do is go into Layout mode and change the field's ...
    (comp.databases.filemaker)
  • Re: Cannot insert symbols in PPT 2004 (MacOffice 2004)
    ... Mac Os X, version 10.4.8. ... choose a bullet from Zapf Dingbats, I see a different character, "an I ... When Zapf D. is selected as current font in font window and I press 4, ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.powerpoint)
  • Re: Cannot insert symbols in PPT 2004 (MacOffice 2004)
    ... The font is being seen as Zapf Dingbats before ... It does sound as though you don't have Zapf Dingbats active. ... because Windows can lie to the user. ... Apple dFont? ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.powerpoint)
  • Re: Zapf Dingbats Problem
    ... Now however even though the field shows as being Zapf Dingbats in the print ... layout, I see a 4 or an H, not the expected check or star. ... Starting with FM7, fonts must be TrueType on Windows; TrueType, PostScript, and OpenType font formats are supported on Mac. ...
    (comp.databases.filemaker)