Re: I have one for you i.e. Links not working in Firefox

Hi Barry,

I wondered why the mix of file extensions...thanks for the explanation. I
also understand why you are just updating those pages a few at a time, as
they do seem to work.

Glad you were able to sort out the links issue and fix the 2007 to 2003
conversion problems.

I am not a coder, programmer or anything close, but will keep playing with
the CSS code. I use an advance form of trial and terror...I try something,
and if it doesn't work, I try something else ;-). Sometimes I find
workarounds...sometimes I don't. If you want to pursue it yourself, you can
do what I plan...go to some CSS instructional websites and see if there is a
newer way to write this snippet. I just don't have the time to research it
right now. I'll post it as a new question and see if someone out there knows
the answer...

DavidF

"Barry" <Barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
David F & Rob(even though you seem to not want to address anyone)

I see I missed a post. David F, you were asking about the html.mht
extensions. It is a long story that goes back to 2003 when I first
started
learning html and webmastering. It has to do with my free server from my
ISP
that gives me 10meg of space for having DSL and the UNIX server. Those
pages
you see like that are in fact the original pages from the beginning
because I
could not get anything else to work on the UNIX. If you notice some of
that
server has pages with the htm which now works as the ISP has changed their
server (several times), if something comes up that gives reason to edit
those
particular pages I try to change them if I don't have them linked from
several other pages making the editing even a longer time to do. I just
recently moved the whole website to a new host and a new domain, and a new
site name, and was able to do it without much trouble that I had
anticipated.
I grabbed some of those pages and re-did them when it was convenient.
Well,
hope I haven't bored you, but that is some of the story on the reason
those
pages are labeled like that.

God Bless,
Barry

"Barry" wrote:

Hallelujah! Fixed It!

Firefox folks should see the homepage just like us IE7 die hards! (Might
have to refresh browser if you've been to the site before with Firefox)

David, the links underlining was the issue with Pub2007, all the links I
had
made on the original page stayed as I moved back to Pub2003. I deleted
the
links and put them back, now our CSS snipet code works great!

I hope you programmers can find out what is wrong with Pub2007 or if it
is
user error. For the time being I will be staying with Pub2003 when I
want to
insert html fragments.

Now onto to this embedded media player issue with Firefox!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Barry

"Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:

How about your viewers though?

.mht or MHTML is a file extension for web pages with bound resources -
external links, images, sound files all in a single file aka a web
archive.
You may experience problems with scripts as well as viewers using
browsers
other than IE - it may even be part of your linking problem.

aside from that you have a double extensions on some pages
(xxx.html.mht)

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Barry" <Barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Well Rob, I have been using it since 2003 and never have had a
problem
with it.

I fixed page 62 and David can appreciate this, it was the "ole" nav
bar in
the text box routine. Caught it with FF, that will fix that page.
And by
the way I have always sent my Pubs to the hard drive, I keep all my
pages,
but the right click of the FF is quicker, thx Dave!

Also redid page 14, let me know if you have any problems with it
Mary.

"Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:

I'm surprised a page with .mht extension works at all.

--
Rob Giordano