Website Layout

I am very inexperienced right now in creating web sites, but my church
has asked me to create one for them. I was wondering how you guys
take into account the way that your site looks on each user's machine
with regards to the user's monitor size and resolution? I have found
that you are able to set the height or width of an object to a
percentage of what I am guessing is the height or width of the page,
but my problem with that is that I have a flash video playing at the
top. Originally I had set the height and width of all my objects
using pixels. So I created the width of the video to be the same
width as a panel right below it. But, if I make the panel a relative
percentage of the page, then the video would not line up with it since
the video will have to be a set size. Do you guys use the pixels or
the percentage of the page when setting the height and width of an
object?

Thanks for any replies.

  • Re: Website Layout
    ... My stat counter tells me there are still a little over 30 percent of site visitors who use a screen that is 800 pixels wide, so if you make the screen wider than that, 1 out of three visitors will have a horizontal scroll bar. ... but my problem with that is that I have a flash video playing at the ... So I created the width of the video to be the same ... if I make the panel a relative ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: 16:9 Woes
    ... Inside the picture tube, there is an electron beam that sweeps across the phosphor coating, and draws the pictures on the screen, line by line. ... (In other words, analog video signals have slack time which is not used for carrying picture, but for waiting the electron beam in CRT-based tv sets to move back to a starting position. ... So 720 pixels really becomes 53.333... ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: Determining the Shape of Pixels and Frames
    ... Do you still think that ALL pixels are square???? ... Video Cassette) specifies the resolution for converting analog NTSC and PAL television video to digital video. ... frame aspect ratio of 4:3. ... The DV standard specifies ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: Hook Up DVD Player to a Flat Screen PC Monitor?
    ... None of which can make NTSC video look like a computer display. ... Computer displays have square pixels. ... progressive scan HDTV signaling. ...
    (alt.video.dvd)
  • Re: Computer help
    ... and the particular source the streaming or other video programming to ... But if your question refers to the sorts of video ... one can find on YouTube and on an increasing number of other web sites ... various web sites maintained by TV news channels and other news ...
    (soc.senior.issues)