Re: Web Sites

And one more question. Did you try my suggestion to open IE7 > Tools >
Internet Options > Advanced and under Multimedia make sure that "show
pictures" was checked, and that "Show image download placeholders" was not
checked?

DavidF

"DavidF" <Nope@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Dawn,

I suspect the problem is with either IE7 or a patch from MSFT. Do you have
your computer set to automatically download and install patches? Have you
installed any other new programs in the recent past?

Norton does not play well with a lot of MSFT products...and others for
that matter. Try turning off the Office plugin.

Another possibility is that you need to update your video driver. Right
click your desktop > properties > Settings > Advanced > Adapter > and
probably Properties, and note the driver version number. Then go to the
manufacturer site and see if there is a new driver available.

If you want, you can send me your Publisher file (not the html files), and
I will see if I can find a problem. Please use http://www.yousendit.com/
to send the file to me. You can send it to dahveedf at nospamgmaildotcom ,
remove the obvious and PLEASE do not post the unmunged address on this
newsgroup. I already get way too much spam.

DavidF

"Dawn Ellis" <DawnEllis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
My answers:
New Web Site - No images shown, only text. No nav bar shown and no error
massage either.
IE>File>Open>browse :- I got this wrong last time so I did it right and
got
the same results as when I preview web page.
In FF the nav bar links are there and working but there are no images and
inks to other web sites or email addresses shown.

I have Norton antivirus and firewall. There was no change when either or
both are disabled.

The size of the Publisher web document is 5,685 KB

I hope this helps!
Dawn

"DavidF" wrote:

Dawn,

Open IE go to Tools > Internet Options > General Tab and under Temp
internet
files, click the Delete Files button (empties your IE cache). Then go
the Advanced tab and confirm that under Multimedia that Show Pictures is
checked. Then close IE and reboot your machine.

Open Publisher. Choose a New from a design > Web sites and Email > Web
Sites
> 3 page website. Choose any of the templates, double click and let
Publisher create the 3 page publication. Do a Web page preview. Does it
preview ok in IE? Do the links work? If it doesn't work, do you get an
error
message?

When you Publish to the Web and directed the output to your desktop, and
then opened IE > File > Open > browse to your index.htm file and opened
it,
are you saying that the page displays correctly in IE? Is it displaying
correctly other than a border or two? What happens if you remove the
problem
border? Does it then work in webpage preview? Does it work if you
Publish to
the web, produce a new index.htm file, and open that file with IE?

What happens when you open FF, and browse to the index.htm file and open
it?

What antivirus program are you using? Have you tried disabling your AV
and
previewing your site?

What firewall are you using? Have you tried disabling the firewall, and
previewing your site?

How large is the file size of your Publisher web document?

Please answer every question I have posed above.

DavidF

"Dawn Ellis" <DawnEllis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have been using the Web Wizard, as it is the easiest (or so I
thought).
The
page width on that wizard is 950 pixels so I tried a new blank page
with
just
1 navbar in it, at the 760 pixel and the page came up blank.

I have just been trying with a blank web page and inserting a text box
as
my
navbar and that didn't work either.

I have tried everything that you have suggested on both of your last