Re: how can I highlight an overrun task in projects 2007

Richard,

If you mean "overrun" as the Actual Cost being greater than the Baseline
Cost then you can set up a custom field which provides a flag for any task
matching the criteria you've set up (i.e. Actual Cost > Baseline Cost). You
can also use the "Work Overbudget" filter to see only those tasks where Work
is greater than the Baseline Work. Whenever possible use the filters to
narrow down tasks to review.

"Jan De Messemaeker" wrote:

Hi,

May I ask for some clarification?
What is an overrun task? How do you enter the fact that it is overrun?
Where do you want to highlight it? In the tabular part of the Gantt Chart?
As a special Bar?
Ready to help as soon as I understand!
Greetings,

--
Jan De Messemaeker
Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional
"Richard" <Richard @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

  • Re: Baseline change problems
    ... The baseline is saved, the work field that will be the ... new baseline displays the work including the overrun, ... My cost for this project is $1000. ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: Baseline change problems
    ... The baseline is saved, the work field that will be the ... new baseline displays the work including the overrun, ... EV involves CV (Cost Variance) ... mean by "the work field that will be the new baseline". ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: Divorce Acutal Costs from Most Calculations
    ... I am not allowed to increase baseline or BAC just ... the final actual cost with a fixed cost, but why bother on a fixed price ... So in your example, the worker ... time card values) has very little to do with the Work ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: Recalculate Baseline, Earned value fields after resource cost chan
    ... Apply the new cost data, then baseline - you can then ... copy this Baseline cost directly into your live project as John suggested. ... >> I assigned costs of different resources in the resource sheet, ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: % Work Complete Variance
    ... If you assign the $1/hr resource rate, ... Work and cost become synonamous. ... and tracking work only. ... One way I can think of doing this is manually by adding up the baseline work ...
    (microsoft.public.project)