Re: Editable tables and cells

Lars,

You cannot edit Actual Cost values until a task is 100% complete - Project
will calculate actual cost based upon the task % complete and the original
assigned resource cost and any fixed cost. Once a task is complete you can
enter the Actual cost to be whatever you want as opposed to what Microsoft
Project calculates the actual cost to have been.

--
Dominic Moss

Projectability - Helping People achieve more with Microsoft Project

Check the Downloads section on our Website for useful documents on both
Project Management and Microsoft Project

www.projectability.co.uk

Why not subscribe to our monthly newsletter for hints tips and views

http://visitor.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=001WVdpo956d6lHqIISFtfgVw%3D%3D

"Rob Schneider" <rmschne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Lars,

"Total Cost" in the cost table is actually the "Cost" field. in the table
they use the label "Total Cost" for some reason. Hover the mouse pointer
on the heading, and you can see the link to "Help on Cost" and see there
where this is is shown as a "calculated or entered" field. Same is true
for the Baseline cost which is "calculated or entered". Read in these Help
articles more about this to get your questions answered.

--rms

Lars wrote:
Hi All,

I am getting back into MSP after some time of abstinence, and I have an
issue that I can't figure out. I have a test project that I have saved
with a baseline to do some trackning exercises. In the Cost table I can
edit the "Total Cost" and "Baseline Cost" columns, which I think I
should't be able to do. At the same time I can't edit the "Actual"
column, which I thougt I should be able to....

Any clues?

Cheers
Lars

  • Re: Main client going to VR.
    ... There is no doubt in my mind that this will ... >sticking it into an envelope and having me type and edit, etc., especially ... EXTREMELY hard to get them to calculate in the cost of the time they ... spend and how much their time is worth. ...
    (sci.med.transcription)
  • Re: Should I trigger events to show a UI total of a list of items?
    ... allows you to edit its delivery date and cost. ... Thus I have an Order object and a Product object and have created Presenters ... I could have something in my UI to force a recalculate when an edit occurs, ... This is quite brute force and just seems ...
    (comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin)
  • Re: PC sound card as sig-gen, sa, & o-scope?
    ... >For example, to generate a simple sine wave, the following can be entered: ... >General expressions for sine, triangle, and square waves are already provided, ... Cool Edit Pro which was a multitrack recorder/editor for several ... by a wallwart, plugs into a parallel port, and cost about $300 a few ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Should I trigger events to show a UI total of a list of items?
    ... In my UI, you can click on one of the products in the list, and a sub pane allows you to edit its delivery date and cost. ... However I have now hit the bit where after editing the cost of an item which is correctly stored in the Order, my total is not updating. ... orders add: anItem. ... This is quite brute force and just seems sort of ugly somehow. ...
    (comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin)
  • Re: Female Logic - Help!!!
    ... said that I would look for a program to convert VOB files to ... something she could edit, but it might not be free. ... should get my Barclay Card out because she didn't cost me anything ... but those Unheard melodies are sweeter ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)