Re: Can you save the project file to a "pdf" file?

N Fergy wrote:
I am creating project files in the Microsoft Project version 2003. A great deal of the people that I have to send the file, via email, do not have Project loaded on their computers, so they cannot read the attached file. Is there anyway that the Project file can be save to a PDF file?

"crpmst" gave good advice. In addition, it is always a bad idea to give people the Project MPP file. Especially when they don't know how to use Project. The first thing that will happen when they open your file is that Project will recompute the schedule and it won't be the same schedule that you sent. Never send the MPP file unless there is a reason to do so.

Instead: send them:

: PDF of a few special views: Gantt Chart, Milestons, Summary Progress, Resource profiles.

: Use the little "camera" icon to take a snapshot of the Gantt chart view into a GIF file that you can paste into email

: Write a report. Embedd with figures and tables *and* tell you story. Control the message.

  • Re: Project 2007 - print option on file right click does not work
    ... mpp file needs to load Project first in which it can open. ... can print the pdf file as you would expect. ... You might like to see FAQ Item: ... When I right-click and select Print, it opens the file ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: Project 2007 - print option on file right click does not work
    ... mpp file needs to load Project first in which it can open. ... can print the pdf file as you would expect. ... file in Windows explorer and select print. ... When I right-click and select Print, it opens the file ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: Cannot show actuals past scheduled day end
    ... time and then have the next task that is linked to it have a new schedule ... >> Duration is duration and thats what the Gantt chart shows. ... >>> simple way to seed the total actuals not just the scheduled. ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: Project 2007 - print option on file right click does not work
    ... the printer you're using, and thus, printing problems are generally not the ... mpp file needs to load Project first in which it can open. ... can print the pdf file as you would expect. ... When I right-click and select Print, it opens the file ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • RE: Displayed Columns Change
    ... number of schedules linked with read/write properties into a Master Schedule. ... drive and nothing has changed in this configuration that I’m aware of. ... configurations of columns hidden/displayed in their standard Gantt Chart view. ... That is after hiding say the Resource Name column in the Gantt Chart view ...
    (microsoft.public.project)