Re: MS Project 2003 with task indent and duration

Gopal --

The Duration of a summary task does not "add up" as you describe it. The software calculates the Duration from the Start of the earliest subtask to the Finish of the latest subtask. Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"Gopal" <saigop@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:33fc02d1-0447-4b36-9d78-9e82b4bd6d1b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I am new to MS Project 2003, I would like to add the task with
Indent. I have created the Indent, but the duration is not getting
added when I add the duration for the sub tasks. why is it so? How to
update the task duration of the indent when i add in sub tasks?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you,
Gopal.

  • Re: MS Project 2003 with task indent and duration
    ... Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup:) ... I have created the Indent, but the duration is not getting ... added when I add the duration for the sub tasks. ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: Indention Problems
    ... When you indent tasks the one above automatically becomes a Summary. ... Duration is governed by the tasks it's summarizing and is the working time ... You might like to have a look at my series on Microsoft Project in the ... the preceeding task's duration changes to the same duration ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: Summary task bar and indent
    ... FYI - the duration of summary tasks is not necessarily the sum of the ... durations of the indented subtasks. ... together, are not linked and run in parallel for example, the summary task ... The orignal task was 1 day in duration I indent two ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • RE: MS Project 2003 with task indent and duration
    ... If you want duration of the sub task to add up to the duration of the ... Select the subtask now click on the Link Task icon available on the standard ... I have created the Indent, but the duration is not getting ... added when I add the duration for the sub tasks. ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: Newbie
    ... duration for the project. ... A "project" usually consists of a number of ... > Thank you Julie ... >>> project below the title and then indent the tasks. ...
    (microsoft.public.project)