Spreading the workload to assigned resources of a task
- From: MathiasEMP <MathiasEMP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 08:00:08 -0800
I've opened a new project and added one fixed work task in which I've
entered that it needs 1080 hours of work to be completed (135 days). To this
task I want to add eight resources, four 100% and four 50%. The project
calenders is adjusted with christmas holidays, and the individual resources
have their calender adjusted with their days off.
Now, I'd like MSP to divide the work and calculate the duration so that all
resources will work every day until the work is completed. But MSP just
divides the work with the numbers of assigned resources, without caring of
the assignment reat (100% or 50%). So, each resource is assigned with 1080 /
8 = 135 hrs of work.
This means that the resources that is assigned 100% will finish earlier than
those with 50% assignment. And those with least time off for vacation will
finish first. ´
But I want MSP to calculate so that the amount of work is assigned so that
all will finish on the same day and the duration will be the shortest.
Can this be done?
- Prev by Date: MS Project has stopped working
- Next by Date: RE: Master Project Plan Issue
- Previous by thread: MS Project has stopped working
- Next by thread: RE: Spreading the workload to assigned resources of a task