RE: Project crash when assigning a resource to a task

I am seeing the same issue. The issue appears to be inconsistent over similar
devices with the same install.

"Jeapster" wrote:

I'm seeing the same issue.

I try to select a resource from the drop down and the application crashes.

I get this as a report

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: WINPROJ.EXE
Application Version: 12.0.4518.1014
Application Timestamp: 45428184
Fault Module Name: WINPROJ.EXE
Fault Module Version: 12.0.4518.1014
Fault Module Timestamp: 45428184
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0042d513
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.6
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 1033
Brand: Office12Crash
skulcid: 1033

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

"Keith" wrote:

I am seeing the same problem; although mine seems to be related to the fact
that I am adding a new resource and not that I am using the drop down. (Mine
crashes either way) I was able to work around this problem by creating a new
project creating the task, then copying the old project into the new project.

Keith

"Willis78" wrote:

When allocating resources to tasks in Projects 2007 the application crashes
with an exception error. It seems to happen when displaying the dropdown. I
am running XP. The application just quits, the event viewer reports

Faulting application winproj.exe, version 12.0.4518.1014, stamp 45428184,
faulting module winproj.exe, version 12.0.4518.1014, stamp 45428184, debug?
0, fault address 0x0042d513.

Has anybody got any ideas, Diagnostics doesn't report any problems.

  • My project pro is crashing when ever I try to generate any report
    ... When I try to generate any of the built in reports Project Pro ... Faulting application winproj.exe, version 12.0.6503.5000, stamp 49dfb874, ... faulting module winproj.exe, version 12.0.6503.5000, stamp 49dfb874, debug? ... In the report to be sent to MS: ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Error when trying to open or create new report
    ... Every time I try and open an existing report or try and create a new report I ... reinstalling office and still get the error message. ... Faulting application msaccess.exe, version 11.0.5614.0, stamp 3f3c8e3c, ... faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, stamp 411096b4, debug? ...
    (microsoft.public.access.reports)
  • Re: Project 2007 Visual Reports - Add Group to report
    ... I've been able to get the most consistent data from the Resource ... Summary report and a resource pool. ... the master project as the foundation of the report -- I find using ... Then the Work availability, Work, and Remaining Availability seems ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: Project 2007 Visual Reports - Add Group to report
    ... I've been able to get the most consistent data from the Resource ... Summary report and a resource pool. ... the master project as the foundation of the report -- I find using the ... Then the Work availability, Work, and Remaining Availability seems to ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: Admin Projects and Tracking time
    ... You cannot create a custom Resource Usage report that shows each resource ... the Resource Usage view shows assignments across all projects in the system. ... you can create a custom Group and apply it to the Task ... However after looking at this report I> have one more question. ...
    (microsoft.public.project.pro_and_server)