Re: Task Delegation Problem

Ravikumar --

You are more than welcome, my friend! :)

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
Enterprise Project Trainer/Consultant

"Ravikumar G" <RavikumarG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thanks and sorry for posting in the wrong area. I have done this but not
worked for me. Later I changed the permission settings of my resources to
allow the users to view assignment, and now its working. thanks for your
quick help.

"Dale Howard [MVP]" wrote:

Ravikumar G --

In the future, please post your question in the
microsoft.public.project.server newsgroup, as this newsgroup is devoted
the Microsoft Project desktop application only. To answer your question,
do
the following:

1. Log into PWA with administrator permissions
2. Click Admin - Manage Security
3. Select the My Tasks category and click the Modify Category button
4. In the Resources section, select the "All current and future
resources..." option
5. Click the Save Changes button

Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
Enterprise Project Trainer/Consultant
http://www.msprojectexperts.com
http://www.projectserverexperts.com
"We wrote the book on Project Server"

"Ravikumar G" <Ravikumar G@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi All,

Am using the MSP 2003 and Proj Prof 2003 combo. I have added few
resources
from active directory and have one project created from a PM account.
Now
the
assigned resource when trying to delegate the task, first it did not
show
delegate option. Then we enable delegation in global permissions and
respective in category permissions. After getting the Delegate option
enabled, when clicking on the task, it says

"There are no resources available to delegate tasks.

You either do not have permissions to see the assignments of any
resources
or there are currently no resources in the Project Server database
other
than
your account. Contact your server administrator. "

pl help me in this.. what could be a problem in making a team member
eligible to delegate a task.

  • Re: Task Delegation Problem
    ... microsoft.public.project.server newsgroup, as this newsgroup is devoted to ... Log into PWA with administrator permissions ... In the Resources section, select the "All current and future ... assigned resource when trying to delegate the task, ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: Preventing Local Resources from being added to PWA
    ... In the Account Creation section of the permissions grid, ... when a project manager adds local resources to his/her ... Enterprise Resource Pool, then this probably means your Project Server ...
    (microsoft.public.project.pro_and_server)
  • Re: Leveling by ID vs. "Standard"
    ... Project Server some, as it's approaching the type of architecture that you ... inability to tie the resources together. ... what if I were scheduling judges to ... all the required auditions, how would I use MS Project ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: Cannot open enterprise resource pool to create resource list
    ... If you are using the Standard version of Microsoft Project 2007, you can enter resources in your project using View - Resource Sheet. ... Do I need Project Server to set up resources? ... term ("enterprise resource pool") in your original question. ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: Using local resources and central resource pool in the same fi
    ... as an interim step to Project Server I favor VBA or an Add-in ... You use your pet SQL Server reporting tool for reports and keep ... tasks that utilize material and external resources are closely linked to ... to add in "local" resource and material costs through VBA. ...
    (microsoft.public.project)