Re: "Read only recommened" seen on one PC but not on other?

Hi Dee,

Is it possible that the server administrator has allowed different users
different access based upon their logins?

I am not an expert on server security, but I believe it is possible to
set different access for different users based upon their login

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.

Visit for FAQs and more information about
Microsoft Project.

"Dee" <Dee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
In Project2003, A file is saved as read-only, with a passowrd to open,
and is
stored on a server. Can anyone tell me why some users get the prompt
read-only or password to open and others don't get the option and the
just opens as read only?