Re: "Read only recommened" seen on one PC but not on other?

Hi Dee,

Is it possible that the server administrator has allowed different users
different access based upon their logins?

I am not an expert on server security, but I believe it is possible to
set different access for different users based upon their login
information.

--
I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.

Julie

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for FAQs and more information about
Microsoft Project.

"Dee" <Dee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
In Project2003, A file is saved as read-only, with a passowrd to open,
and is
stored on a server. Can anyone tell me why some users get the prompt
for
read-only or password to open and others don't get the option and the
file
just opens as read only?

  • Re: Compromised Server? Anyone recognize the suspect Services?
    ... I finally discovered that there was a whole folder structure under ... Event viewer shows normal logins, but I did not have it set to record ... there are a bunch of logins for Website Accounts created by the ... order to find those files on the Web Server I had to make sure that System ...
  • Re: Sql Server 2005 Dev. Ed. on Windows Server 2003
    ... Check out this KB which is about transferring Logins: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/246133 ... Also, since this is running on a newly installed Windows Server 2003, is ... them from your older SQL Server instance to the newer one. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: Enabling STARTTLS in Exchange 2003 IMAP service?
    ... For the first, if you simply want to enable encrypted logins, then once you ... I guess I don't understand the need to have that command listed. ... > This section describes a means for "upgrading" an ordinary cleartext IMAP ... In order to use it, however, the server must advertise support for ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.protocols)
  • Re: Enabling STARTTLS in Exchange 2003 IMAP service?
    ... For the first, if you simply want to enable encrypted logins, then once you ... I guess I don't understand the need to have that command listed. ... > This section describes a means for "upgrading" an ordinary cleartext IMAP ... In order to use it, however, the server must advertise support for ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)
  • Re: Transferring logins form 6.5 to 2000, anyone?!
    ... > server is case-insenstive, and the 2000 server is case-sensitive, then you ... > end up with all your passwords in upper case when they're copied. ... > /* Get 6.5 login information into the worktable, excluding system logins. ... >> Microsoft Online Support Engineer ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)