Re: Custom Start Date

In article <1142957249.135827.306400@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"NB" <nerdbeans@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well the reason is that i am importing data from db and at that time
these tasks do not have Start and End dates. User can modify some of
the Task and give them Start and End date. Now for remaining task which
do not have Start and End dates, I do not want to update the db with
default dates.

My real question is how to identify that no Start or End date has been
assigned for the Task? By nature of project it uses default dates and I
can not distinguish that if user has assigned this date or Project has
assigned this date?

Thanks for Helping and I hope i am clear this time.

NB

NB,
No, it isn't too clear. First you said you are importing FROM the
database (I assume that means from some database into Project) and then
you later say, "...I do not want to update the database with default
dates". The implies going the other direction. So my question remains.
What are you trying to do?

John
Project MVP

  • Re: newbie to database learning
    ... I think the real question you need to ask yourself is _what_ ... You just can't know everything about database ... on what the hype is these days in the Microsoft world: ... Microsoft MVP, MCSD ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • Re: Law regardinggiveing police you details
    ... Well there are lots of reasons, but the real question is, if you have done ... nothing wrong why SHOULD you be fingerprinted and on a DNA database? ... What are you considered guilty of? ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Law regardinggiveing police you details
    ... Well there are lots of reasons, but the real question is, if you have done ... nothing wrong why SHOULD you be fingerprinted and on a DNA database? ... considered guilty at all times. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: database or file for name generator ?
    ... It seems a database needs to ... Any SQL database takes care of concurrency for you. ... Any system managing data faces the question, do you learn a database like ... In short, the real question then ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Shared v. Exclusive Access
    ... Control Panel, Add/remove programs, find Adobe, click Modify -> create Adobe ... The folder wherein the frontend resides grants Full permissions to the ... When I open the database, however, I don't get the message boxes. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)