How to resolve phantom task links

I continue to be plagued by this issue in our Enterprise environment.
We are running Project Pro and Server 2003. When revising task
durations/work I have often come across a popup message which states
that a constraint upon another task is affected. This would suggest
that the task being revised is somehow linked to the task which is
referred to in the message. After careful review I find that neither
task acts as a predecessor or successor to the other. I cannot seem to
find any relation between the two tasks. I have checked the properties
dialogue for both tasks and don't know where else to look or how to
further diagnose/troubleshoot.

Does anyone have ideas about how to handle this???

  • Re: I can receive email but not send.
    ... you may see the popup message ... > 'Outlooks request to the server failed'. ... however it just stopped sending. ... I am still receiving email. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: Helping our M$ friends
    ... >> I wouldn't think sending a win popup message to inform the user they are ... >> customers to call in to get advice on how to clean up their PCs I would ... Server sets lease to expired. ... > We (some comcast customers) had discussion about that because comcast ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: Helping our M$ friends
    ... > I wouldn't think sending a win popup message to inform the user they are ... Server sets lease to expired. ... We (some comcast customers) had discussion about that because comcast ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: suppressing the "GenericProgram.exe - Application Error" popup mes
    ... have set the server process to automatically restart upon failure. ... it won't restart until someone hits the OK button on the popup message. ... on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP1 ...