Extracting .cab files from Activesync .exe program

Does anyone know of a utility or a process to follow to cleanly extract
PPC .cab installation files from an Active Sync .exe application
package?

Most programs come packaged as .exe's to run from your desktop/laptop.
They go through an install process and litter your computer with
unneccesary code that one does not wish to install. An add/remove
routine never completely removes everything from the registry, etc.
I've even had instances where I've downloaded legal licensed trial
software for testing from file sharing applications that I installed
via Activesync and received viruses/spyware on my machine.

For these reasons, I wish to gather the .cab file for install directly
on the PPC.

.