Extracting .cab files from Activesync .exe program

Does anyone know of a utility or a process to follow to cleanly extract
PPC .cab installation files from an Active Sync .exe application
package?

Most programs come packaged as .exe's to run from your desktop/laptop.
They go through an install process and litter your computer with
unneccesary code that one does not wish to install. An add/remove
routine never completely removes everything from the registry, etc.
I've even had instances where I've downloaded legal licensed trial
software for testing from file sharing applications that I installed
via Activesync and received viruses/spyware on my machine.

For these reasons, I wish to gather the .cab file for install directly
on the PPC.

  • Errors applying kernel patch 118833-36
    ... install of Solaris 10 11/06. ... However, once the package list is done, I see a worrisome message: ... Below is the complete console output of the patch run. ... Changes for package SUNWnfsskr will not be applied to the system. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: SmartMenu - was: VRPC on a USB pen
    ... in applications distributed via package systems which are supposed to ... having to get the user to install it, or they could present the user ... Haskell compiler and associated tools (collectively referred to on ... haskell.org as the 'platform' package). ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.misc)
  • Re: Stronghelp - can I change location set by Packman?
    ... it was needed to install a package though. ... RISC OS desktop. ... Simpler for the newbies arriving from Linux, ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: Stronghelp - can I change location set by Packman?
    ... piles of applications causes lots of random file reads, ... third party installers such as, say, a package manager, but it all got ... applications *do* install things into Choices. ... I have nothing against an app in Choices - it's ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: A little help please!
    ... This so far was the best map to getting DVD media working I am going to ... Also I have the latest libdvdcss2 and libdvdcss2-dev installed. ... sudo aptitude install totem-xine ... Click either free or non-free depending on where the package you ...
    (Ubuntu)