Re: ram rom question

> flash ROM is used to store the os... what's "left over" is allocated to
> the user as a "safe storage area" that will retain files after a power
> failure... probably what that "7mb flash memory" is referring to.

ah so the 7mb is non-volatile but the 64mb will be lost if I let the battery
go flat etc ? the unit is the i-mate jam.

David

  • Re: A (not) new security idea
    ... >> place to recover when either your fob catastrophically fails or is ... It also must be secure enough that if it is lost that no one else ... > barf on it, but if a browser is sending that key, it's because a fob has ... passwords on the flash memory. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: 17850 stats for 649 game
    ... I had a look at some of the articles you may have been referring to and ... noticed that in some cases links to images have been lost in the recent ...
    (rec.gambling.lottery)
  • Re: How we come to chose Christ
    ... Paul Dean wrote: ... You've lost me on this because I'm unclear on what instance you're ... referring to by 'understood you'. ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: Awwwwwwwwwwwwww... Poor SeanMeat!
    ... I was referring to Gwynedd Mercy, ... The lack of tits comment referred to the co-ed status of GA, ... > you just lost 2 more hepatocytes ...
    (alt.sports.football.pro.phila-eagles)
  • Re: OT: downloading of a file
    ... Robert Baer wrote: ... the more likely it can be trashed or lost. ... I tried GetIt Right, and it instantly dies with a 403. ... A download manager doesn't give a referring page, ...
    (sci.electronics.design)