Re: Where is terminal services client in PPC 2003?

From: Sooner Al (SoonerAl_at_somewhere.net.invalid)
Date: 08/05/04

Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 16:38:59 -0500

I think (but don't really know) it is a big issue with others, it is with me, along with the ability
to access alternative ports (versus the default port).

Just my $0.02 worth, which does not mean a whole lot...

I guess you can always tunnel through a VPN if your worried about security over the public
internet...

--
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
"Al Blake" <al@blakes.net> wrote in message news:ORBZVNzeEHA.3428@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Thanks Al (although it isnt what I wanted to hear).
> Doesnt this seem like a *big* issue to anyone else?
> Sysadmins (geeks) are just the sort of people that are
>
> a) gonna have a paocket device
> b) gonna need to connect in remotely
>
> Do we want them to open TS sessions @ 56 bit? Worse we have to make the TS
> server accept 56-bit from anyone........arent we going against all that
> *security* focus that Microsoft is so keen to push by provigin a tool that
> doesnt even support decent security?
> I'm not a ppc programmer but how hard can it be to take an existing product,
> add no functionality, but push up the encryption level?
>
> Has somone in M$ forgotten about this one in their security push?
>
> Al.
>
> "Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
>> Nope. None of the current Terminal Services Clients on PocketPCs are
> 128-bit...:-(
>>
>> --
>>     Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

Relevant Pages

  • [NT] Netcat for Windows -e Buffer Overflow
    ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... push 20646D63h; Push cmd on stack, ... or eax, eax ... mov cl,byte ptr ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] Trillian Pro Rendezvous XMPP HTML Decoding Heap Corruption
    ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... The specific flaw exists in the Rendezvous / XMPP (Extensible Messaging ... 4900C47E push eax ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: Wlan @ bestbuy is cleartext?
    ... >> direct efforts at blame and how to make such toys as ... If folks had not harrassed M$ over the years about how poory they dealt ... with security, do you think we'd now see them now at making security a ... trying to push more tasks upon over worked jack-of-all-trades admins. ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • [NT] Remote Buffer overflow Vulnerability in YPOPs!
    ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... request: ... "\x55" // push ebp ... "\x33\xf6" // xor esi, esi ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: Remote Desktop connecttion
    ... the port forwarding procedure (it's set up as a static ip so I know it will ... Its also possible to run Remote Desktop through a VPN or SSH tunnel for added security if your work network administrators only let you connect that way... ... Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking) ...